Performs a wipe transition between two input clips
using a grid of growing or shrinking checkers. The Wipe Percent
parameter should be animated to control the transition speed.
Increase the Grad Add parameter to make the timing of the checker pattern move
across the screen during the wipe. Increase the Border Width
parameter to draw a border at the wipe transition edges.
In the Sapphire Transitions effects submenu.
Foreground: The current layer. Starts the transition with this clip.
Background: Defaults to None. Ends the transition with this clip. If this input is
not provided, a fully transparent background is used, showing
whatever is behind it.
- Transition Dir:
Popup menu, Default: Wipe Off to Bg.
Selects the direction of the transition.
- Wipe Off to Bg: transitions from the current layer to the Background.
- Wipe On from Bg: transitions from the Background to the current layer.
- Auto Trans:
Popup YES-NO, Default: No.
If enabled, a transition is performed automatically between
the first and last frames of the layer. If this is off, the transition is
performed manually by animating the Wipe Percent parameter.
- Wipe Percent: Default: 0, Range: 0 to 100.
Auto Trans must be disabled for this parameter to be
used. It determines the transition ratio between the From and To
inputs, and would normally be animated from 0 to 100 to perform a
complete transition. The curve controlling this parameter can be adjusted
for more detailed control over the timing of the wipe.
Popup menu, Default: Grow.
The direction of the checkers transition.
- Shrink: the squares start large and shrink inwards.
- Grow: the squares start small and grow outwards.
- Edge Softness: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
The width of the transition edges. Larger values
will cause softer, less visible edges in the wipe pattern.
- Angle: Default: 45, Range: any.
The rotation of the overall checker pattern used for the wipe,
- Frequency: Default: 6, Range: 0.1 or greater.
The frequency of the checker pattern. Increase for more
and smaller checker, or decrease for fewer and larger.
- Rel Width: Default: 1, Range: 0.1 or greater.
The relative horizontal size of the checkers. Increase for
wider checkers, decrease for taller ones.
- Rel Wid Pre Rot: Default: 1, Range: 0.1 or greater.
The relative size of the checkers in
the direction of the current rotation angle. If the Angle parameter
is zero this will have the same effect as Rel Width.
- Shift: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
Translation of the checker pattern.
- Grad Add: Default: 0, Range: -10 to 10.
If positive, a gradient will be added to the timing of
the transition pattern so it moves across the screen during the
wipe. This parameter can be adjusted using the Wipe Widget if
enabled, but the value must be positive to make this widget
- Grad Angle: Default: 0, Range: any.
The direction of the wipe gradient in
degrees. This will have no effect unless Grad Add
is positive. The Wipe Widget also allows adjusting this parameter.
- Border Width: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
If positive, a colored border is drawn at the wipe
transition edges, using the border color, opacity, softness, and
shift parameters below.
- Border Color: Default rgb: [0.75 0 0].
The color of the border. This has no effect unless
Border Width is positive.
- Border Opacity: Default: 1, Range: 0 to 1.
The opacity of the border. Decrease to make the
border transparent and allow the image under it to show through.
This has no effect unless Border Width is positive.
- Border Softness: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
The softness of the border edges. This has no
effect unless Border Width is positive.
- Border Shift: Default: 0, Range: any.
Shifts the border ahead of or behind the
transition edge. This has no effect unless Border Width is
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Show Wipe: Check-box, Default: off.
Turns on or off the screen user interface widget
for adjusting the Grad Add, Grad Angle, and Wipe Percent parameters. The
value of the Grad Add parameter must first be positive for this
widget to be visible.This parameter only appears on AE and Premiere,
where on-screen widgets are supported.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.