Performs a wipe transition between two input clips
using a star shape. The Wipe Percent parameter should be
animated to control the transition speed. Increase the Border Width parameter
to draw a border at the wipe transition edges.
In the Sapphire Transitions effects submenu.
Foreground: The current layer. Starts the transition with this clip.
Background: Defaults to None. Ends the transition with this clip. If this input is
not provided, a fully transparent background is used, showing
whatever is behind it.
- Transition Dir:
Popup menu, Default: Wipe Off to Bg.
Selects the direction of the transition.
- Wipe Off to Bg: transitions from the current layer to the Background.
- Wipe On from Bg: transitions from the Background to the current layer.
- Auto Trans:
Popup YES-NO, Default: No.
If enabled, a transition is performed automatically between
the first and last frames of the layer. If this is off, the transition is
performed manually by animating the Wipe Percent parameter.
- Wipe Percent: Default: 0, Range: 0 to 100.
Auto Trans must be disabled for this parameter to be
used. It determines the transition ratio between the From and To
inputs, and would normally be animated from 0 to 100 to perform a
complete transition. The curve controlling this parameter can be adjusted
for more detailed control over the timing of the wipe.
- Wipe Direction:
Popup menu, Default: Star In.
The direction of the star wipe.
- Star In: the star contains the first image and shrinks inwards.
- Star Out: the star contains the second image and grows outwards.
- Edge Softness: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
The width of the transition edges. Larger values
will cause softer, less visible edges in the wipe pattern.
- Points: Integer, Default: 5, Range: 3 or greater.
The number of points in the star.
- Pointiness: Default: 1.1, Range: 0 or greater.
The pointiness of the star. Increase for sharp
spikes, decrease for more regular polygonal shapes.
- Angle: Default: 0, Range: any.
The rotation angle of the star in degrees.
- Rel Width: Default: 1, Range: 0.1 or greater.
The relative horizontal size of the star. Increase for
wider star, decrease for taller ones.
- Center: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
The location of the star center in screen coordinates
relative to the center of the frame. This parameter can be set by
enabling and moving the Center Widget. Note that moving the star
center can also cause the star size to change so that the current
value of Wipe Amt remains correct.
- Border Width: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
If positive, a colored border is drawn at the wipe
transition edges, using the border color, opacity, softness, and
shift parameters below.
- Border Color: Default rgb: [0.75 0 0].
The color of the border. This has no effect unless
Border Width is positive.
- Border Opacity: Default: 1, Range: 0 to 1.
The opacity of the border. Decrease to make the
border transparent and allow the image under it to show through.
This has no effect unless Border Width is positive.
- Border Softness: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
The softness of the border edges. This has no
effect unless Border Width is positive.
- Border Shift: Default: 0, Range: any.
Shifts the border ahead of or behind the
transition edge. This has no effect unless Border Width is
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Show Angle: Check-box, Default: off.
Turns on or off the screen user interface for adjusting the
Opacity parameter.This parameter only appears on AE and Premiere,
where on-screen widgets are supported.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.