Creates an abstract texture by applying a
EmbossShiny effect to a procedurally generated noise texture. Adjust the Light Dir
to illuminate the pattern from different angles.
In the Sapphire Render effects submenu.
Background: The current layer. The clip to combine the texture image with. This may
be ignored if the Combine option is set to Texture Only.
- Frequency: Default: 2, Range: 0.1 or greater.
The spatial frequency of the texture. Increase to zoom
out, decrease to zoom in.
- Frequency Rel X: Default: 1.5, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The relative horizontal frequency of the texture.
Increase to stretch it vertically or decrease to stretch it
- Octaves: Integer, Default: 5, Range: 1 to 10.
The number of summed layers of noise. Each octave is twice
the frequency and half the amplitude of the previous. A single octave
gives a smooth texture. Adding octaves makes the result approach a
fractal (1/f) noise texture.
- Seed: Default: 0.23, Range: 0 or greater.
Used to initialize the random number generator. The actual
seed value is not significant, but different seeds give different
results and the same value should give a repeatable result.
- Bumps Scale: Default: 2.5, Range: any.
Scales the amplitude of the bump map.
- Bumps Threshold: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
This value is subtracted from the Bumps input
before it is used. It can be used to create flat areas resembling
- Bumps Smooth: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
Smooths the noise texture before applying the
Emboss. This can be helpful in removing unwanted artifacts from the
noise generation algorithm.
- Shift: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
Translation offset of the texture. Since the texture is
procedurally generated it can be shifted with no repeating units or
- Light Dir: X & Y, Default: [500 350], Range: any.
The direction vector for the light source. Surface
shading is calculated using light from this direction shining onto
the generated bump map.
- Hilight Brightness: Default: 0.5, Range: 0 to 1.
Scales the brightness of the specular highlights.
- Hilight Size: Default: 0.5, Range: 0.1 or greater.
Adjusts the size of the specular highlights.
- Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the brightness of the result.
- Surface Color: Default rgb: [0.75 0.75 0.75].
The color of the surface. The final color is
affected by both this and the Light Color.
- Light Color: Default rgb: [1 1 1].
The color of the light source that creates the embossed result.
- Bg Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
The background brightness is scaled by this value before
being combined with the texture.
Popup menu, Default: Texture Only.
Determines how the texture is combined with the Background.
- Texture Only: gives only the texture image with no Background.
- Mult: the texture is multiplied by the Background.
- Add: the texture is added to the Background.
- Screen: the texture is blended with the Background using a screen operation.
- Difference: the result is the difference between the texture and Background.
- Overlay: the texture is combined with the Background using an overlay function.
- Input Opacity:
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Output Opacity:
Popup menu, Default: Copy From Input.
Determines the opacity/transparency of the result.
This effect does not process the opacity (alpha channel) of its input
but it can either copy the opacity from the input, or output a fully
- All Opaque: Makes the result fully opaque with no
- Copy From Input: Copies the opacity/transparency from
the current layer given to this effect.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.