Creates a field of spots that can be distorted and animated. The Warp Speed
parameter causes the spots to be distorted over time by a random warping
In the Sapphire Render effects submenu.
Background: The current layer. The clip to combine the texture image with. This may
be ignored if the Combine option is set to Texture Only.
- Frequency: Default: 8, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The spatial frequency of the texture. Increase to zoom
out, decrease to zoom in.
- Radius: Default: 1, Range: 0 to 2.
The radius of the spots. Adjust this to change the size of the
spots without changing the number of spots.
- Seed: Default: 0.23, Range: 0 or greater.
Used to initialize the random number generator. The actual
seed value is not significant, but different seeds give different
results and the same value should give a repeatable result.
- Rand Warp Amp: Default: 0.2, Range: 0 or greater.
The amplitude of a bubble warping distortion
applied to the spots.
- Rand Warp Freq: Default: 1, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The spatial frequency of the noise used for the
warping distortion. This has no effect unless Rand Warp Amp is
- Shift: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
Translation offset of the texture. Since the texture is
procedurally generated it can be shifted with no repeating units or
- Warp Start: X & Y, Default: [0 0], Range: any.
The translation offset warping pattern. This
has no effect unless Rand Warp Amp is positive.
- Warp Speed: X & Y, Default: [180 0], Range: any.
The translation speed of the warping pattern. If
non-zero the spots are animated to wiggle at this rate. This has no
effect unless Rand Warp Amp is positive.
- Brightness1: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the brightness of Color1. Increase for more
- Color1: Default rgb: [1 1 1].
The color of the 'brighter' parts of the texture. The
colors of the result are determined by an interpolation between
Color0 and Color1.
- Color0: Default rgb: [0 0 0].
The color of the 'darker' parts of the texture.
- Offset0: Default: 0, Range: any.
Adds this value to color0. Decrease to a negative value
for more contrast.
- Invert: Check-box, Default: off.
If enabled, the resulting texture colors are inverted. This
is similar to swapping Color0 and Color1.
- Bg Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
The background brightness is scaled by this value before
being combined with the texture.
Popup menu, Default: Texture Only.
Determines how the texture is combined with the Background.
- Texture Only: gives only the texture image with no Background.
- Mult: the texture is multiplied by the Background.
- Add: the texture is added to the Background.
- Screen: the texture is blended with the Background using a screen operation.
- Difference: the result is the difference between the texture and Background.
- Overlay: the texture is combined with the Background using an overlay function.
- Input Opacity:
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Output Opacity:
Popup menu, Default: Copy From Input.
Determines the opacity/transparency of the result.
This effect does not process the opacity (alpha channel) of its input
but it can either copy the opacity from the input, or output a fully
- All Opaque: Makes the result fully opaque with no
- Copy From Input: Copies the opacity/transparency from
the current layer given to this effect.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.