Embosses the Source clip using the Bumps input as a relief map. A lighting
model is used which includes highlights from specular reflections.
Increase the Bumps Smooth parameter for bolder bumps, and adjust the Light
Dir to illuminate the bumps from different angles.
In the Sapphire Stylize effects submenu.
Source: The current layer. The clip to be processed.
Bumps: Defaults to None. The bump map for the emboss. Only the luminance of this
input is used.
Matte: Defaults to None. If provided, the emboss is applied only at the areas
specified by this input. This input can be affected using the Blur
Matte, Invert Matte, or Matte Use parameters.
- Light Dir: X & Y, Default: [180 360], Range: any.
The direction vector for the light source. Surface
shading is calculated using light from this direction shining onto
the Bumps input.
- Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the brightness of the result.
- Light Color: Default rgb: [1 1 1].
The color of the light source that creates the embossed result.
- Bumps Scale: Default: 1, Range: any.
Scales the amplitude of the bump map.
- Bumps Threshold: Default: 0, Range: 0 to 1.
This value is subtracted from the Bumps input
before it is used.
- Bumps Smooth: Default: 2, Range: 0 or greater.
If positive, the Bumps input is blurred by this
amount before being used. Increase for a softer emboss effect.
- Subpixel Smooth: Check-box, Default: off.
If enabled, the amount of pre-smoothing of the
Bumps input is performed at subpixel accuracy. It can be helpful if
Bumps Smooth is very small or is being animated. This parameter
has no effect unless Bumps Smooth is positive.
- Hilight Brightness: Default: 0.8, Range: 0 to 1.
Scales the brightness of the specular highlights.
- Hilight Size: Default: 0.5, Range: 0.1 or greater.
Adjusts the size of the specular highlights.
- Blur Matte: Default: 0, Range: 0 or greater.
Blurs the Matte input by this amount before using. This
can provide a smoother transition between the matted and unmatted
areas. It has no effect unless the Matte input is provided.
- Invert Matte: Check-box, Default: off.
If on, inverts the Matte input so the effect is applied
to areas where the Matte is black instead of white. This has no effect
unless the Matte input is provided.
- Matte Use:
Popup menu, Default: Luma.
Determines how the Matte input channels are used to make
a monochrome matte.
- Luma: the luminance of the RGB channels is used.
- Alpha: only the Alpha channel is used.
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.