Breaks the image into circle shaped tiles and transforms the image within
each shape, to create a fly's eye view effect. The Overlap options allow
the circles to be combined in different ways where they overlap. The
'Inside' parameters transform the Source image before it is tiled into the
pattern, and the 'Tile' parameters transform the entire fly's eye pattern.
In the Sapphire Stylize effects submenu.
Source: The current layer. The clip to be processed.
- Tile Frequency: Default: 12, Range: 0.1 or greater.
The frequency of the tile pattern, increase for
more smaller tiles.
- Tile Rel Height: Default: 1, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The relative height of the tile shapes, increase for
- Tile Shift: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
Translates the tile pattern.
- Circle Overlap:
Popup menu, Default: Ave.
Determines the method used to combine the overlapping
regions of the circles.
- Ave: uses a weighted average across the overlapping region
for a smooth transition.
- Screen: uses a screen operation.
- Max: uses the lighter.
- Min: uses the darker.
- Mult: uses a multiply operation.
- Circle Radius: Default: 1, Range: 0 to 1.
The radius of the circles relative to each other. If this is less than 1.0
you will get empty spaces between the circles. The color of these empty
spaces will be either transparent, black, or white depending on the combine
- Edge Softness: Default: 0, Range: 0 to 1.
The softness of the edges of the circles. If this
is increased, it may also be necessary to lower the Circle Radius to
avoid rectangular artifacts where the soft edges overlap.
- Inside Zdist: Default: 2, Range: 0 or greater.
Determines the zoom factor of the image inside each
tile. Values greater than 1 zoom out, values less than 1 zoom in.
If this is 1, Inside Rotate is 0, and Overall Zdist is 1, the result
should be the same as the input image.
- Inside Rotate: Default: 0, Range: any.
The rotation angle of the image inside each tile,
- Overall Zdist: Default: 1, Range: any.
Creates an overall zooming effect by making each
tile look toward or away from the image center. Decrease to zoom
in, increase to zoom out. When 0 all tiles should contain identical
Popup menu, Default: Reflect.
Determines the method for accessing outside the borders of the
- No: gives black beyond the borders.
- Tile: repeats a copy of the image.
- Reflect: repeats a mirrored copy. Edges are often less
visible with this method.
- Filter: Check-box, Default: on.
If enabled, the Source image is resampled using pixel
averaging. This removes aliasing and gives a higher quality result
especially when Inside Zdist is large. It may not be necessary if
your input image is smooth or Inside Zdist is small.
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Show Tile Freq: Check-box, Default: off.
Turns on or off the screen user interface for adjusting the
Opacity parameter.This parameter only appears on AE and Premiere,
where on-screen widgets are supported.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.