Generates a procedural noise texture, and passes this through a colorizing
process. The Shift Speed parameters cause the pattern to automatically
translate over time, and Phase Speed causes the colors to rotate over
In the Sapphire Render effects submenu.
Background: The current layer. The clip to combine the clouds image with. This may
be ignored if the Combine option is set to Clouds Only.
- Frequency: Default: 2, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The spatial frequency of the clouds. Increase to zoom
out, decrease to zoom in. Very high values of Frequency are clamped
internally so the grain size is no smaller than a few pixels. If
you want even finer grain use S_Grain or S_Clouds:Perspective instead.
- Frequency Rel X: Default: 0.4, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The relative horizontal frequency of the texture.
Increase to stretch it vertically or decrease to stretch it
- Octaves: Integer, Default: 8, Range: 1 to 10.
The number of summed layers of noise. Each octave is twice
the frequency and half the amplitude of the previous. A single octave
gives a smooth texture. Adding octaves makes the result approach a
fractal (1/f) noise texture.
- Seed: Default: 0.23, Range: 0 or greater.
Used to initialize the random number generator. The actual
seed value is not significant, but different seeds give different
results and the same value should give a repeatable result.
- Color Freq: Default: 4, Range: 0.01 or greater.
The frequency of the color pattern. Increase for a
busier texture with more cycles through the spectrum.
- Freq Red: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
The frequency of the red color component.
- Freq Green: Default: 1.1, Range: 0 or greater.
The frequency of the green color component.
- Freq Blue: Default: 1.2, Range: 0 or greater.
The frequency of the blue color component.
- Shift Start: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
Translation offset of the texture. Since the texture is
procedurally generated it can be shifted with no repeating units or
- Shift Speed: X & Y, Default: [180 0], Range: any.
Translation speed of the texture. If non-zero, the
result is automatically animated to shift at this rate. The result
of animated Speed values may not be intuitive, so for variable
speed motion it is usually best to set this to 0 and animate the
Shift Start values instead.
- Phase Start: Default: -0.5, Range: any.
The phase offset of the color patterns.
- Phase Speed: Default: 0.3, Range: any.
The phase speed of the color patterns. If non-zero,
the phase is automatically animated to give the color pattern a
- Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the brightness of the result.
- Scale Color: Default rgb: [1 1 1].
Scales the color of the result. For example, if it is yellow
[1 1 0], the blue of the result will be 0.
- Saturation: Default: 1, Range: 0 to 10.
Scales the strength of the colors. Increase for more
intense colors, or decrease for muted colors.
- Offset: Default: 0, Range: -8 to 2.
Adds this gray value to the result (or subtracts if
negative). 0 has no effect, .5 is middle gray, and 1 is white.
- Bg Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
The background brightness is scaled by this value before
being combined with the clouds.
Popup menu, Default: Clouds Only.
Determines how the texture is combined with the Background.
- Clouds Only: gives only the clouds texture with no Background.
- Mult: the texture is multiplied by the Background.
- Add: the texture is added to the Background.
- Screen: the texture is blended with the Background using a screen operation.
- Difference: the result is the difference between the texture and Background.
- Overlay: the texture is combined with the Background using an overlay function.
- Input Opacity:
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Output Opacity:
Popup menu, Default: Copy From Input.
Determines the opacity/transparency of the result.
This effect does not process the opacity (alpha channel) of its input
but it can either copy the opacity from the input, or output a fully
- All Opaque: Makes the result fully opaque with no
- Copy From Input: Copies the opacity/transparency from
the current layer given to this effect.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.