Performs a motion blur and optionally transforms
the source clip using the animated curves of the Z Dist, Rotate and
Shift parameters. If these parameters are constant, no motion blur
In the Sapphire Blur+Sharpen effects submenu.
Source: The current layer. The clip to be processed.
Popup menu, Default: Transform and Blur.
Allows disabling of the transformation.
- Transform and Blur: transforms the Source as well as blurring.
- Blur Only: this can be useful if the motions have already
occurred. The curves are used only to apply the corresponding motion
blur in place, and no transformation is performed.
- Center: X & Y, Default: [360 243], Range: any.
The center of rotation and zooming, in screen coordinates
relative to the center of the frame. The shift values should be zero
for this location to make sense.
- Z Dist: Default: 1, Range: 0.001 or greater.
The 'distance' of the image from the camera, about the
Center position. The rate of change of this parameter is also used
for the motion blur. Values greater than 1.0 move it farther away
and make it smaller. Values less than 1.0 move the image closer and
- Rotate: Default: 0, Range: any.
Rotates the image by this amount in degrees, about
the Center. The rate of change of this parameter is also used for the
motion blur. Note that for high rotation speeds, the motion blur
will become less accurate.
- Shift: X & Y, Default: [0 0], Range: any.
Translates the source image by this amount. The rate of
change of this parameter is also used for the motion blur. It is
in screen coordinates for easy use with tracker data.
- Shutter Duration: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
The amount of time, in frames, to apply the motion
blur over. Larger values cause more blurring, smaller values cause less.
The curves are sampled at plus and minus half of this value.
- Shutter Shift: Default: 0, Range: any.
The time-shift in frames of the motion blur. If
the Shutter Speed is 1.0 and Shutter Shift is 0, the blur is
calculated between the current frame -.5 and +.5. If the Shutter
Shift is instead .5 then the motion blur would be calculated between
the current frame and the next frame.
- Exposure Bias: Default: 0.5, Range: 0 to 1.
Determines the variable amount of exposure along
the path between the From and To transformations. A value of 0
causes more exposure at the From end, 0.5 causes equal exposure
along the path, and 1.0 causes more exposure at the To end. If you
have bright spots on a dark background, a 0 value would cause the
processed spots to be brighter at the From end and dark at the To end,
and a 1.0 value would cause the opposite.
- Brightness: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the brightness of the result.
X & Y, Popup menu, Default: [No No].
Determines the method for accessing outside the borders of the
- No: gives black beyond the borders.
- Tile: repeats a copy of the image.
- Reflect: repeats a mirrored copy. Edges are often less
visible with this method.
- Blur Res:
Popup menu, Default: Full.
Selects the resolution factor for the motion blur. This
is similar to the general 'Res' factor parameter, but does a better
job of averaging down to lower resolution and interpolating back up to
the result. Higher resolutions give better quality, lower resolutions
give faster processing.
- Full: Full resolution is used.
- 1/2: The motion blurring is performed at half resolution.
- 1/4: The motion blurring is performed at quarter resolution.
- Subpixel: Check-box, Default: on.
If enabled, uses a better quality but slightly slower
method for performing the blur.
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
- Show Transform: Check-box, Default: off.
Turns on or off the screen user interface for
adjusting the Z Dist and Rotate parameters.This parameter only appears on AE and Premiere,
where on-screen widgets are supported.
- Show Shift: Check-box, Default: off.
Turns on or off the screen user interface for adjusting the
Opacity parameter.This parameter only appears on AE and Premiere,
where on-screen widgets are supported.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.