Smooths the source clip while retaining the edges.
To adjust the parameters in this effect, first use the Show:Edges
option to inspect which edges will be retained and adjust Edges
Threshold, Edges Width, and Edges Scale until the important edges
are fairly sharp and bright but not jaggy. Then return to
Show:Result and adjust the smooth parameters to remove the
appropriate amount of grain.
In the Sapphire Blur+Sharpen effects submenu.
Source: The current layer. The clip to be processed.
- Smooth: Default: 8, Range: 0 or greater.
The amount of smoothing to apply to the non-edge regions.
- Smooth Luma: Default: 0.5, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the smoothing amount for the luminance component.
- Smooth Chroma: Default: 1, Range: 0 or greater.
Scales the smoothing amount for the chrominance component.
- Edges Width: Default: 2, Range: 0 or greater.
The width of the edges to be retained.
- Edges Scale: Default: 0.25, Range: 0 or greater.
The brightness of the edges to be retained.
- Edges Threshold: Default: 0.3, Range: 0 or greater.
This value is subtracted from the initial edge
image. Increasing it can help remove minor edges and speckles that
should not be retained.
Popup menu, Default: Result.
Selects between output options.
- Result: outputs the final result.
- Edges: outputs an image showing which edges are to be retained.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.