Adaptively removes video field interlacing artifacts
from areas with motion, without blurring the stationary parts of the
image. A 'Motion Matte' is generated internally and the moving areas
are deinterlaced with the usual loss of vertical resolution, but the
stationary areas are not deinterlaced and should remain sharp. On AE, this effect should be applied
directly to a clip because any prior effects on the same clip will
In the Sapphire Time effects submenu.
Source: The current layer. The clip to be processed.
Popup menu, Default: Same Speed.
Selects speed-change options.
- Same Speed: No change in speed.
- NTSC to Film: Converts 60 field/sec input to 24 frame/sec
output. Every 5 frames of input are converted to 4 frames of
output, so in this mode only 4/5 of your output clip will be
- Half Speed: Every field of input is converted to one frame
of output. In this mode, you should normally first pad your input
clip to make it twice as long, so the correct number of output frames
will be generated.
- Scale Mo Matte: Default: 4, Range: 0 or greater.
Increase to remove more field artifacts, or
decrease to remove fewer and keep the image sharper.
- Threshold Matte: Default: 0.05, Range: 0 or greater.
This value is subtracted from the Motion Matte
and can be increased to reduce unwanted deinterlacing due just to
- Blur Mo Matte: Default: 10, Range: 0 or greater.
Determines how much the Motion Matte is smoothed
out to avoid sharp transitions between the interlaced and deinterlaced
Popup menu, Default: Result.
Selects the output option.
- Result: output the deinterlaced result normally.
- MotionMatte: this allows viewing the Motion Matte itself, and can
be helpful when adjusting the other parameters above.
- Use Field:
Popup menu, Default: Lower.
Selects which field to preserve in areas with field artifacts.
This parameter only has an affect when using Same Speed mode.
- Lower: keeps the lower field.
- Upper: keeps the upper field.
- Merge: Uses the average of both fields.
- Field Dominance:
Popup menu, Default: Lower First.
Selects the ordering of the output fields.
This parameter only has an affect when NOT using Same Speed mode.
- Lower First: The lower field is first in time.
- Upper First: The upper field is first in time.
Popup menu, Default: Normal.
Determines the method used for dealing with
- All Opaque: Use this option to render slightly faster when
the input image is fully opaque with no transparency (alpha=1).
- Normal: Process opacity normally.
- As Premult: Process as if the image is already in
premultiplied form (colors have been scaled by opacity). This option
also renders slightly faster than Normal mode, but the results will
also be in premultiplied form, which is sometimes less correct.
© 2007, GenArts, Inc. All rights reserved.